Tuesday, April 22, 2014

More stuff to remember

     So after reading my last blog and thinking back on all that has happened over the past two and a half months I thought of some stuff I didn't include. Mostly all the support and love from friends and family is what I want to remember. I love the fact that my family (and I include my work family in this) They came up with a t-shirt to show their support, bracelets for Team Tracy, tons of cards, texts, phone calls, Facebook messages. It's just crazy! Makes me tear up just thinking about the amount of people who think about, pray for and support me each day! My best friend Diana has been there for me each and every day. Coming over at least once a week, taking me anywhere I need to go, walking at Dunbar Cave when it's nice out, bringing the world's best chocolate chip cookies, and so much more! Diana we've been friends now for over 18 years!! You are my bestest bud and we have been through  so much together and I am so thankful everyday to have you in my life. My Aunt Donna sending me cards and notes of encouragement at least once a week. It's nice to get that continued reassurance that someone is still thinking of you and praying for you. Not that I want everyone to start sending me stuff, please don't, I know you all care about and support me without the reminders. It's just nice to get them now and then. Michelle, you have also been there for me every step of the way. You pick me up when I'm down, let me whine and then tell me it's time to move on, make me get out of the house even on days I might not really want to, take me shopping so we can have girl time, send me cute and funny cards every so often. Thank you so much for all your care and concern for me! Marty Pierce, I couldn't ask for a better husband. I know this whole thing has you very stressed out but you have been wonderful! Attending to any of my many needs, making sure I'm eating when I can, letting me have time to myself when I need it, being there when I need you! I love you!! There are many others that have been there for me and I hate to leave anyone out but I don't want to make this blog super long to read either.  
     So let's talk about what this chemo is doing to me. So far I have lost about 30 pounds! That is combined effect of surgery and not being able to eat for 9 days and the chemo which leaves you feeling sick to your stomach a lot of the time. The first round of chemo had me losing 8 pounds between my treatment on Monday and going back Wednesday to have my pump removed. After treatment 2 my hair started falling out. I had gobs of hair in my shower and every time I took one. I was worried even though they told me it would thin but I shouldn't actually lose my hair. So I have lost a bunch of hair but luckily for me I had a lot of hair to start with. My hair dresser says I am just now at normal people hair stage.  I decided to get it cut and colored-hey if I'm going down I'm gonna do it in style! I feel on a daily basis that I'm pregnant again. Not throwing up or anything just that constant feeling of nothing looks or sounds good to eat. After treatment 3 I found out my white blood cell count was low so I had to get a shot of Neulasta to increase the white blood cell production. I was afraid of the side effects of this but seemed to not be to bothered by it...until a week later. I had the bone and joint pain they said I would have, it was terrible and I talked about in the last blog so I'm not going to go over it again. Then I went this Monday to do treatment #4, I was so excited to be 1/3 of the way through! But low and behold I got there they drew blood from my port as they always do before chemo starts and I was told my platelets were low so they were putting off chemo for a week. So now I have to go back this coming Monday to do chemo and hopefully my platelets will be up so we can get back on track.  I think that's got us up to date now.
If you are interested in Team Tracy t-shirts you can email tami.lightner@cmcss.net. They are $15 and I have pictures below.


1 comment: