Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wow, I really need to get better at this!

     Well in my last blog I said I needed to blog more often and now look at me. Almost a month out and I haven't blogged! Urrgghh!
     So let's spend a minute or two catching up. I had my 2nd round of chemo on March 24th. It was not nearly as bad as that first round. Way less nausea this time around, felt better much sooner, was out of bed on the day after which did not happen after the first round. Even went to Opry Mills and did some shopping with Brandi and Michelle on Friday! Mom took me shopping Saturday and got me 2 new spring outfits that actually fit me! Thanks Mom!! The next week I felt almost normal! Had lunch with Marty one day, went out to Ft. Campbell and had lunch with Mom one day, went to school and got to see some friends and co-workers, got my hair cut and colored--It was a good week!
     So now we're up to April 7th and it's time for chemo again. This round went about the same as last time. I felt the tingly feeling in my hands, feet and mouth before I was even out of the doctors office this time so I was worried that sensitivity was going to hit me hard. Came home and was practically falling asleep on the couch so I went up to bed, my legs were so sore and tingly going up those steps! I was really afraid Tuesday was not going to be good. But... Tuesday morning came and although I still had some tingling in my legs it didn't seem to be as bad as last time, also my throat didn't seem to hurt as much as last time, Yay!! While at the doctors office for chemo Monday the doctor told me that my white blood cell count was very low and when I came back on Wednesday to have my pump removed I would be getting a shot of something called Neulasta. It gets your body to go into rapid production mode of making white blood cells. The most common side effect of this is bone pain, I'm hoping I'll get lucky and not have to much of that, especially since the doctor asked me if I had something stronger that Extra Strength Tylenol at home and I told him I still had some pain killers from the surgery and he said good, take them if you need them. I'm going to really try to do better keeping up with this maybe next time it won't be so long between posts. Thanks for being a part of this journey with me!

1 comment: