Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekend Update with Tracy Pierce

     So chemo this week went pretty good. Except I found out when I went in Wednesday to have my pump removed that I apparently am going to have to get this Neulasta shot every time I come in to have my pump removed. Booooo! I haven't had any bad side effects except that Wednesday night I was completely wiped out! I met my friend Kathryn after school and we talked about wedding plans although I think I was pretty zombied out for that whole meeting! Then when I got home I fell asleep about 10 and slept til almost 10 the next morning!!! Guess I needed a good night's sleep. Other than that this week was a pretty good one.
     Off the chemo subject and back to life in general... Tuesday I went to school, thought maybe I could help proctor TCAP but apparently if I'm off with sick bank I can't be at school to do any work. Not even proctor for three hours. There's a big difference between proctoring for a couple of hours and working a full day! So not wanting to risk losing sick leave bank I decided to go home after I went through my mail. I think 90% of it went in the trash. Wednesday I went and had my pump removed and had to have that shot then I met Kathryn at Panera at 3:30 and we talked about wedding stuff. At 4:30ish we went over to Cracker Barrel and met her fiance Zac for dinner. I felt like a zombie through the whole thing! Thursday I slept most of the day and then went with Marty in the afternoon to pick up our new puppy! Her name is Lucy. She is a brindle colored boxer pup. I'll attach a picture at the bottom of this post, she's adorable! Friday after I got up and ready, I took the Lucy down to Marty's work and showed her off a little. I also got to see the Sheriff's Dept. fundraiser for Relay for Life, it was pretty hilarious. All the big wigs dressed up pretty goofy and for $1 a balloon the people who work under them or above them or whatever could throw water balloons at them. Took the puppy by Mom & Dad's and then to school, after school Diana came over to see the puppy then later that night she and David and Michelle came over and we had a bonfire. It was a great night for a fire and we had good company! Saturday Mom & I went out and did some running around aka shopping and Saturday night Trevor's friend Tagen came over. Sunday we all (Todd, Karen, Brendan, Haley, Conor, Me, Marty, Aaron, Haley, Trevor, Mom, Dad, and Uncle Tim) were at Mom & Dad's. We got the pool opened then BBQ'd some burgers and dogs. The kids played outside and even got in the pool, which was COLD! Then Marty, myself and the boys, and the dogs went over to Rotary Park and walked around a little. It was a beautiful day! And a great start to a fresh new week! Remember each day is a day for you to make with it what you will and I choose joy!

Here's Rocky and our new puppy Lucy!

1 comment:

  1. I have been traveling a lot, so I just got around to reading your latest post. Sorry. Keep blogging and I hope all is well as of now. I have to get with Marty and catch up soon. You all take care. SMILE.-WB

    ReplyDelete